Tuesday 5 October 2010

My top ten pieces of art

10) Picasso's sketch of a goat



On our art trip to Barcelona, we went into a Picasso museum to take some sketches. Even though there were many bigger pieces of work and more famous paintings, my favorite piece in the whole museum were his quick sketches of goats. The reason why I like this piece over all his other work, is because it is a lot different to his style that we recognize. Another reason why I like it is because the use of lines he used were very effective as there are so few of them, yet you can still see that it is a drawing of a goat. We couldn't take photo's, so I only have a sketch of it that I copied, shown above. I used to only like very detailed pieces of art, but I really love how he could create such a simple picture and yet it looked so well drawn and life like.
I am not really that fond of Picasso's work, but I really like his drawings of these goats!
It is very different from Picasso's style of art that we associate him with, as he drew it in his adolescence when he used to draw realistically. It was during the first decade of the twentieth century that his style changed as he began to experimented with different theories, techniques, and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment