Tuesday 5 October 2010

My top ten pieces of art

2) Cheetah painting



The reason why I have chosen this painting as my second favourite piece of art is because I have had a poster hung up of it on my wall from when I was about seven years old, and it's still there to this day. I have always adored cheetahs, and are one of my favorite animals, and when I was younger I was very obsessed with them to the point that I would collect cheetah objects. Cheetahs are a part of the cat family, and are the fastest of the land animals. They can reach speeds between 112 and 120 km/h (70 and 75 mph) in short bursts. Despite their speed, cheetahs are out ranked by other larger species. Because they can reach a great speed at such a short time, it is at the expence of their climbing abilities and power, so can't protect themselves from other preditors. This was brought for me at a zoo, it is by a painter called Derek Oliver. I don't know much about this artist at all, but this picture is very sentimental to me as I have seen it on my wall everyday since I was young. I really love all the detail in it and how there is so much going on in the background with all the other animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment