Tuesday 5 October 2010

My top ten pieces of art

4) The story book wolf



When I was doing my ceramic project in my second year of college, I went on the Internet to get some inspiration for my final piece, as I had chose 'wolves' as my theme, and wanted some ideas for it. I came across this photograph taken by Luis Rodriguez, a Spanish photographer. It is a photo of a rare wolf species, and won the natural history museum's prestigious 'Veolia Environment Wildlife Photographer of the Year award. I really love wolves, and are one of my favourite animals, so this photograph really appeals to me. I really love how it captures the beauty of the wolf, and I love the pose that the photographer has caught the wolf in mid air jumping over a gate. The lighting of the photograph is really nice too; it is brighter on the wolf and the gate, making it stand out from the dark background so the viewer’s focus is on it.
Even though there was a lot of fuss about the photographer cheating, and hiring out a trained wolf, which was against the rules, I still really love this photo and think it looks beautiful and elegant. It doesn’t change my view on it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment