Tuesday 5 October 2010

My top ten pieces of art

6) Hairy Maclary



Hairy Maclary is a series of children's books illustrated and written by Lynley Dodd. The reason why I have chosen to add this to my list is because when I was very young, my parents used to read me these books all the time, and I have always loved the sweet illustrations that went with them, and they remind me a lot of my childhood. They are about a fictional dog named Hairy Maclary, with simple plots aimed at young children.
He is the protagonist of twelve books in the series, and a further nine are about his friends. The series has sold over five million copies worldwide. I love the loose and flowing art style she has and how sketchy and simple it looks, yet manages to capture the characters personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment